Saturday, April 12, 2008

random updates

I don't know how else to fit these in.

--I updated our Babies R' Us registry (to the left! to the left!) so that the link I am providing takes you straight to our actual registry list, rather than a generic kind of page where you have to type in names and stuff. Apparently, Babies R' Us cannot distinguish between "Vermeulen" (correct) and "Vermuelen" (incorrect), and it also doesn't seem to want to search by Jason's name, even if you get the spelling perfect. Ah, BRU, when will you advance yourself? So, let's just skip the hassle and get to the goods...
Edited to add: since we are a ministry couple, Jason is concerned that we don't make it sound like we are expecting people to buy us stuff for the baby. I can see his point, and I suppose my tongue-in-cheekness was not coming through as well as I'd hoped - I am not expecting anyone to buy me anything, but it certainly didn't read that way. So the links have been altered and the "buy me stuff" undertone toned down, so to speak. But if you still really, really want to get me stuff and will be absolutely crushed if you don't, by all means. But I love you all just the same regardless, mmkay?

--I have learned today that no matter what food item you order at Disney, you can probably get a cheaper, tastier, and larger portion of the same food somewhere else.

--Um. Lately, the only person who wants to comment on my blog postings is my mother. I highly respect her opinion, and she is a terrific writer and blogger to boot, but come on, people - she's my mother. Call me insecure, but that's sort of like being the kid with the braces and headgear and Coke-bottle glasses and decade-old clothes and a raging case of acne... and having your mother being the only one to tell you you're absolutely beautiful. Not that it's not true when it comes from her, but wouldn't you also like to hear it from your friends? Shout it out, people. Leave me some love.

--We put in a contract on the house. We're in that ten-day period where either party can back out and the inspection takes place. I love the house, I love the street, I love the overall neighborhood, and I also love that the number of the house is 508, and we'll be moving in (probably) in 5/08. It's a huge step to take, but we are ready and excited to take it.

--We *might* have chosen a name. I'm not telling you what it is, because we might change our minds, and also it is really, really hard to return monogrammed anything. But at least we have something in mind, instead of just blank stares and drool on our chins whenever anyone asks us, "So, have you decided on a name?" We just want to make sure that this name befits the blessing about to be born in a few months.

--Speaking of the little miracle, Jason got to feel him kick for the first time tonight. It was really awesome.

--I am really, really glad The Office is back on. "That is a two HUNDRED dollar plasma TV you just broke, Jan!"

Okay - I think some of you are probably a bit miffed that I'm not going to tell you the name, even if you bribe me with cheesy foods and Starbucks caramel Frappuccinos. Will a few pictures suffice for now? These are from our ultrasound last week:


Yep. Jason wanted to be absolutely sure. The ultrasound tech's response: "You can buy this kid clothes and throw away the tags, Dad. We're sure."





Top half is a profile pic, bottom half is a thumbsucker... can you see it?





This is actually the very first glimpse we ever had of our son, exactly at 9 weeks...





...and look how far he's come in just over two and a half months!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I like your blog, and I don't feel compelled to buy you things, and I think it's amazing to watch your baby boy grow. Not much longer, and you'll be wondering why you wanted to do this!

Anonymous said...

I like your blog two. (Two used intentionally)