Saturday, November 17, 2007

the outcome

Up 1.2 pounds. Ugh. I'm not beating myself up but instead choosing to blame it on PMS hormones, water retention, and building up muscle, which weighs more than fat. Starting afresh today, right after I finish these chocolate-covered walnuts and meatball pizza slices. Right.

Shower was lovely. Really. It's kind of touching and funny, watching a mom used to all boys get showered with lots of pink ruffly lace things, and then watching her melt over and over, realizing that she's really having a girl, and how that little girl will change everything. In a good way.

I made it through intact. I smiled through tears. I felt genuinely happy for her. I still prayed a lot. And then I went home and took a long nap. Sometimes, you just need to rest.

1 comment:

SLM said...

You're awesome. Just thought you should know.

*hugs*